Since its debut onto the esports scene in 2011, Valve’s Dota 2 has seen tremendous growth with some unbelievably extravagant prize pools for the participants. Besides the intense competition that keeps fans highly engaged, the ability to bet on Dota 2 tournaments has also boosted the growth of the Dota 2 scene. There’s nothing more electrifying than watching the matches and wagering on the potential outcomes. If your favorite team triumphs and you have put your money on its victory, the level of the thrill is doubled as you’ll relish the winning twice over.
If you want to get a feel of the multi-level excitement, then you should place your Dota 2 bets at GGBet. What makes our platform stand out even more, is that you can watch the action online in real time as you place bets on the different outcomes of the matches. You can go through the tournaments schedule on our site and wager before the events (pre-match Dota2 betting) or wait until the events are underway to place your bets in real time (live Dota betting).
As the most reliable Dota betting site available on the internet, we are always rooting for you to win. That’s why you will find leaderboards and in-depth stats on the betting markets at the GGBet Dota 2 betting section to help you analyze the games before placing bets. Furthermore, as a rule of thumb, the key to turning a profit in your Dota 2 gambling endeavors is to zoom in on the gameplay and get to know it inside out.
It is also vital to understand the game’s betting markets and the teams involved so that you can make data-backed predictions that have higher potentials to bring you attractive returns. Read on for more information to set you on a successful path to becoming a Dota 2 betting guru.
Dota 2 Gameplay
Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game that involves two teams of 5 players. The two teams battle it out to destroy the enemy’s main base by killing their Ancient while trying to defend the ally Ancient. The first team to obliterate the enemy’s Ancient wins. However, before you embark on your GG bet Dota betting escapades, here are some of the basics of the game you must have at your fingertips.
There are 3 lanes on each team’s camp: the Toplane, the Safelane (or Bottomlane) and the Offlane. The laning performance of the teams, based on the combination of heroes placed at different lanes, will determine which of the two will dominate the game and have higher chances of winning the game. In addition, there are different tiered towers that must be destroyed before you can get closer to the enemy’s Ancient to plant the final blow. GGbet Dota bettors often enjoy betting markets based on the lanes and the tiered towers, and so, it helps to understand the laning performance of each team.
Creeps, which are essentially foot soldiers, are an addition to the 5-player team and will help defend against offensive towers by drawing fire from the tower. Another critical aspect of the game is Roshan the Immortal – a neutral creep in a pit near the river at the map’s center. Both teams can attempt to kill him mid-game or towards the end for a chance to get awarded some gold and items. He also holds the Aegis of the Immortal, which has reincarnation abilities and will drop it each time he is killed and reclaims it once he respawns. You can also place GG.bet Dota 2 bets on the activities of the Creeps, depending on what options are available for the match.
Dota 2 Heroes
Each of the 5 players has to select from over 100 heroes that they can play, and since each has unique abilities, learning the characters really goes a long way in helping the players. They are generally classified into strength, agility and intelligence heroes, although this can be narrowed further when going into detail about their unique attributes and level of complexity.
Each hero can level up to 30 by delivering the last blow that kills an opponent or getting experience when a creep (ally or enemy) dies nearby. So, before you start placing your bets, here’s what you should understand about the heroes:
- Strength heroes: These heroes can absorb damage to a better extent than the others, and they usually take forefront positions in a team. Pudge, the Butcher, is one of the most played strength heroes so far.
- Agility heroes: They focus mainly on sharpening their attack damage and speed by continually looking for ways to buy items that will facilitate this. Some of the most reliable agility heroes are Yurnero, the Juggernaut, and Mortred, the Phantom Assassin.
- Intelligence heroes: These possess some pro defensive abilities and can use disabling skills on the enemy to the team’s advantage. They can also be very aggressive in their attack. Invoker and Enchantress are two intelligence heroes known for their wit and ability to strike when an enemy least expects it.
Dota 2 Items
To increase a team’s odds of winning a tournament, the items purchased by team players are crucial. Apart from the Secret Shop, there are other shops around the Dota 2 map where items can be acquired or returned for a refund if unsatisfactory. Sometimes, speed is of the essence because once bought, an item can be returned for a full refund within 10 seconds, after which the refund drops to 50% of the initial price.
Items have different uses, and some can aid heroes and a team to regain their strength. These include the Heart of Tarrasque, the Armlet of Mordiggian, Power Treads, the Ogre Axe, and the Belt of Strength. So, in GG bet Dota 2 betting, it may help to know which kind of items are in play.
The Best Dota 2 Teams
Currently, the top 5 teams that you can put your money on when placing Dota 2 GG bet wagers are:
- Evil Geniuses (EG)
- Team Secret
Dota 2 Tournaments
Our platform covers virtually all the major Dota 2 leagues available today. In addition, we cover both local and international leagues to offer you as much variety as possible. The most popular tournaments for Dota2 betting include Dota 2 Champions League, Honor SEA Waves, LPL Pro, BTS Pro Series, SEA Invitational, and Sazka Eleague, among many others.
How to Bet on Dota 2
In case you are wondering how you can start enjoying Dota 2 gambling at GGBet, here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
- Click on the bright orange ‘Sign Up’ button to the right of the page to start registration.
- You can register the traditional way by using your email or phone number or a social network where you have an existing profile.
- You will be required to verify your information in your inbox before you can log in and start placing bets.
- Go to the esports section of the GGBet platform and click on ‘Dota 2’ on the left sidebar to access the exclusive Dota betting section.
- Identify an event you are interested in from the schedule and click on it to check out the stats before placing a bet.
- After selecting an event and the type of market, your bets will automatically show up on the betting slip, complete with the potential win based on our lucrative Dota 2 odds of the event.
- Have as much fun as you can making predictions, and you can as well watch the live stream of the event as it happens.
Dota 2 Betting Markets
There are numerous outcomes that you can wager on in Dota 2 betting, and once you master the gameplay as described above, you will be able to quickly identify what each one means. The point is, as with most esports events, Dota 2 games are dynamic, and the roles and positions of either team will be reversed repeatedly, especially in the case of a tight battle.
Of course, you can keep betting to the 11th hour, which may provide an advantage when an outcome becomes obvious, for example, the winner and total Roshans to be slain. The bigger the league or tournament, the more Dota 2 odds can be predicted. There can be as many as 200+ betting markets for a single match. Nonetheless, the main Dota 2 betting markets at GGbet are:
- Match Winner: This is the most straightforward Dota 2 bet where you get to predict which team will win a specific match.
- Total Maps: Predict how many maps will be played in a match between 2 teams.
- Map Winner: Predict which team will win a specific map. It could be Map 1, 2, 3 up to 7, depending on whether the match is a best-of-three or a best-of-seven.
- First Blood (Map): This is labelled based on the map you are predicting and will have you bet on which player will make the first kill of a map or even match.
- First To Kill Roshan (Map): Again, you can predict which team will kill Roshan based on the map.
Bonuses for Dota 2 Betting
Bonuses are like music to a gambler’s ears, and the GGBet team is a master composer of this tune. We like to treat our esteemed customers with lucrative deals right from the moment they sign up. So how can you take advantage of this generosity? Well, simply use the special GGBet promo code: GGCHALKY when signing up to our site, and you’ll receive a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to $200. This offer will allow you to place bets on esports and sports at GGBet.
After that, there are many other esports bonuses available in our lobby that you can grab at different times of the year. To stay up to date with the bonus deals, keep checking our promotional section and add yourself to our mailing list so that you can receive the latest bonuses right in your inbox.
Sign up to GG.Bet for Dota 2 Betting and More!
At GGBet, we believe in keeping you up to date with the latest and most electrifying tournaments. So, join the GGBet Dota 2 club by signing up for an account right away to ensure that you never miss out on the action. Cash in on your welcome bonus pack thanks to the GGCHALKY promo code and watch out for the ongoing bonuses that will keep coming your way to boost you on your epic Dota betting escapades!