According to Steam Charts data, over 310,000 people were playing CSGO at the time of writing this article, and over 1,300,000 people became a “terrorist” or a “counter-terrorist” in the last 24 hours. Since its release in 2012, CSGO has remained one of the most popular multiplayer FPS games. In the main mode of the game, the teams are divided into “terrorists” and “counter-terrorists”, and both try to complete the missions they have to fight against each other. For example, terrorists try to plant a bomb, while counter-terrorists try to prevent it. As this definition suggests, CSGO has everything it takes to be an esport, including a Battle Royale mode added in 2018.
We can say that the number of CSGO players is around 11 million monthly, and every year dozens of tournaments are held for the game almost all over the world. ESEA, BLAST, ESL Pro, PGL Major, and more – each year, the most respected teams and players in the esports world compete for first place in these events. There are even tournaments where the grand prize is $1,500 million, and all these events are streamed live on platforms like Twitch and YouTube Gaming throughout the year.
CSGO betting is also very popular for the same reason: we can easily say that this game is the most preferred game in the esports betting industry. Due to its team-based gameplay, the simplicity of rules and the importance of the skill of players, you will feel right at home even if you are just starting out. And you can become a real expert in CSGO match betting in a short time. As always, GGBet is the best place to place your CSGO bets: we support all the tournaments of this popular video game, offer live streaming and let you take advantage of the most competitive odds.
Counter Strike Betting Opportunities
When you decide to try your luck in CSGO team betting, you will be surprised by the number of events you can choose from: a different tournament is held almost every time of the year for this video game. You can try your luck in all of them or choose the most popular ones – the decision is yours. To help you out, we list the most common CS: GO events below. Note that you can find the best CSGO betting odds for all these tournaments on GGBet.
- PGL Major Series: 24 teams compete in this tournament, and the grand prize was increased to $2 million in 2021. There are six regional qualifiers, namely Asia, CIS, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America, and the map pool consists of 7 maps. Astralis is the team that has won this tournament the most times.
- ESL One: ESL is the world’s oldest esports company and even has its own TV studios. CS GO is just one of the games that this company organizes tournaments, but it is the most popular. In this context, it is considered one of the most prestigious events for CSGO.
- Intel Extreme Masters: Sponsored by Intel, this tournament series has been held since 2007. Fnatic is known as the team that has won the most times in this event, but in recent years, it has lost the lead to Natus Vincere.
- Star Ladder: In this event, there are four regional qualifiers (Americas, Asia, CIS and Europe) and a total of 24 teams. The top eight teams are known as “Legends” for short. Astralis and Fnatic have been facing each other in the finals in this tournament for years, and they are fighting for the “most major titles”.
- ELEAGUE Major: This is a league created for TBS, an American TV channel, and it has been going on since 2016. League seasons consist of two periods of ten weeks, and CSGO is the most popular sport in this event. SK Gaming, Team EnVyUs, Natus Vincere and Cloud9 are the most well-known teams in this league.
These are just the “major” events sponsored by Valve, and their grand prize is at least 1 million USD. There are many other tournaments for Counter Strike betting that you can try your luck at, and GGBet supports them all.
How to Bet on CSGO?
In CSGO matches, players are usually divided into two teams of 5 people who try to complete the tasks they undertake. Each player can equip different types of weapons and shoot the other team, trying to eliminate them. In this respect, you can think of CSGO as a paintball match held in the digital world.
As in classical sports betting, you can try your luck for all kinds of outcomes that can occur during the match when betting on CSGO. So, for example, you can bet on many variables such as match result, point changes, who will win a particular map or which player will get the most kills, all of which are also valid for CSGO live betting. Below are some examples of the most popular types of CS GO betting:
- The player with most kills: A bet on which player will get the most kills during the match or tournament.
- Map winner: A bet on which team will win a particular map (not a match or tournament).
- Match winner: A bet on who will win a particular match.
- Outright winner: A bet on who will win a particular tournament.
- Knife round winner: In some rounds, players are only allowed to use one type of weapon (knife or pistol). This bet is on who will win these special rounds.
- First kill: A bet on who will get the first kill in a match.
- Over/Under: A bet that the round total will be above or below a certain number.
CSGO Betting Tips
It would be best to read a CSGO betting guide before placing a bet, but if you don’t have the time, we list some useful tips below.
- CSGO is a team game, and the interaction of team members with each other is very important. A team that has been playing with the same players for years can be more effective than a newly formed team with star players: keep this in mind when choosing favorites.
- Don’t support a team just because it has one or more star players. Performance as a team is more important, and individual achievements may not always reflect on the team.
- Play CSGO yourself too. Of course, you don’t need to play professionally, but when you look at a map, you should be able to analyze team positions and get an idea of who has the advantage. Doing so will also allow you to learn the lingo specific to this game.
- As always, do your research before placing a bet, and in particular, examine the minor legs of major tournaments: promising teams make themselves known in minor qualifying rounds.
GGBet Is the Best CSGO Betting Site
GGBet is your best option to start your esports CS GO betting career because:
- We have a modern website that allows you to get the same performance and features on all devices (mobile/desktop).
- We are among the main sponsors of most events and broadcast most of the matches live.
- We have a 100% payout rate and ensure that our members withdraw their earnings as fast as possible.
- We are one of the most respected brands in the eSports betting industry: we have been offering a legal and licensed service for years.
- We offer the most comprehensive service for CSGO and support not only international but even local leagues.
- And, of course, we always make sure our members benefit from the best odds possible.
For all these reasons, GGBet is the best CSGO betting site, and you can place your first bet right now: it won’t even take 5 minutes to make. Become a member of our site, make your first deposit and select “Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)” from the left side menu on the main page. Doing so will open a list showing all the matches and tournaments you can bet on – choose one of them.
When you do this, you will be able to see the betting options we offer for that match or tournament along with their odds in the middle of the screen. Choose one or choose multiple if you want – the decision is yours. Enter your wager amount on the slip on the right and place your bet: good luck!
Start Your CS GO eSports Betting Adventure with Bonuses
When you choose GGBet for CS GO match betting, you will also be able to benefit from bonuses in addition to the advantages mentioned above. We offer numerous promotions to our new and existing members alike and allow them to try their luck without risk with our free bet offers. You can enjoy a bonus for your first deposit and place your first bet with this bonus. We will be glad to see you among us, and choosing GGBet for CS GO betting will be one of the best decisions you can make. Welcome aboard, and may Lady Luck always be with you!